Saturday 26 October 2013

Session one : Monday, 23 September 2013

                                                                               
 What's the letter in the 99th position of your name?

I started off with Method 1; tapping on my prior knowledge in rote counting. It gave me a sense of confidence as it is something I can connect. I thought about my children in the class and this method could work well for them as they could relate it to their numeracy experience in rote counting. Half way through doing method 1, my classmates discovered some patterns with the numbers. Patterns!!! Why didn't I think of that?

This problem highlighted a valuable lesson for me as a learner as well as an educator. There is Never one method to solve a problem. And I witnessed the power of peer interactions that help me to discover more solutions that certainly enrich my numeracy experience.

Here is an interesting video that teach children about number pattern!!


                                                      Have Fun with Maths!!

No comments:

Post a Comment